Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So It Begins...

I live in the US and as a result have limited access to European matches. I am a cheap-o and only subscribe to basic cable, giving me both Univision and Telemundo. Unfortunately they don't cover Europe. The only games I get to watch are those that are played on ESPN's handy ESPN3 online player; oh, and the occasional game that I will take in at my fav local pub, the Druid.

ESPN3 is hosting Premier League games this season for the first time ever, I believe, and I am ecstatic about that. They also host a lot of La Liga matches.

---

The 2010 PL season has begun. The team I support in that league, Arsenal, drew at home to Liverpool. That is probably a decent result for both sides as neither would want to lose face against one another. I don't expect either of them to win the league.

My early prediction for the PL:

1. Chelsea, AKA the Evil Empire
2. Manchester United, they will be in the race until late
3. Man City, Apprentice to the Evil Empire
4. Arsenal, they will just edge out arch rival Spurs
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool, again no CL football for them
7. Everton
8. Villa
9. Fulham
10. Blackburn
11. Bolton
12. Newcastle
13. Stoke
14. West Ham
15. Sunderland
16. Wolves
17. Wigan
18. Blackpool
19. Birmingham
20. West Brom

No comments:

Post a Comment